Social media has become increasingly more important for building brands and businesses. Facebook is a particularly powerful social media platform for putting your brand or business on the map!
Facebook Brand or Company pages can be customized to have their own custom vanity URL. So instead of having your page url be facebook.com/page/mycompany/12548785, it can be something more elegant like facebook.com/mycompany.
Setting up a username is optional, but it gives you a shorter, more memorable web address for your business page. Facebook used to require pages to have 25 or more likes before it was eligible for a vanity URL but that restriction is no longer in place. So don't procrastinate! You don't want someone else to get your business name before you do.
Also, you will need to have your vanity URL set up in order to integrate Facebook into your Juicer feed.
1) Go to www.facebook.com/username (I don't mean substitute your username in the url. Literally go to www.facebook.com/username).
2) Click the drop-down and choose the page you'd like a vanity url for.
3) Enter your desired page name (see tips below). Choose carefully. This name can only be changed one time after you confirm it. Typically this would be your business or blog name.
4) Check availability and try a different name if your initial choice is already taken.
5) Click confirm. Grab a beer and celebrate! You're done!
Now that you've claimed your vanity URL, you are ready to set up your Juicer feed. Check out the Juicer Facebook integration video and you'll be up and running in a couple of minutes.
Vanity names can only be changed once so think carefully about your choice..
You can’t transfer the ownership of a username to another party.
Usernames can only include alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (.).
You can only have one username per page.
You can’t violate anyone trademark rights.
Don't bother acquiring a username to sell it in the future.
Some generic words are not available.
Notify Facebook if your trademarked name has already been taken.